v1.0 – Last Updated: October 2020
Table of Contents
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcodes, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to our surveys and/or offers
- employment/partnership-related information if you apply for a position with LAMESE or ask to be added to our employment/partnership database
- payment information if you choose to engage our services or donate to causes
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Send you email messages and newsletters about LAMESE’s work and projects
- Send you information about vacancies, partnership, research, or volunteering opportunities
- Send you information on fundraising activities and donation opportunities
- Send you event invitations and press releases
- Send you important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms and policies, security alerts and administrative messages
- Send personal responses to your specific requests
- Send confirmation of or updating of your contact information
Your personal information is not shared with third parties or used in any other way (other than described in this policy or as required by law) unless you agree. We reserve the right to share your personal information if we are legally obliged to and to enable us to apply our terms and conditions and other agreements.
How long we will keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for the period required by law. Otherwise, we keep your personal information:
- for as long as needed to provide you with access to services or information you have requested; or
- where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond to your question or request.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Data privacy laws provide you with a number of rights over your personal information.
You may be entitled to:
- ask us to provide you with the personal information we hold about you (a small fee will be payable).
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where LAMESE is processing your personal information based on your consent)
complain to your local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
Privacy and comments on our blogs
The posting of personal information in a blog comment means your information is publicly accessible. Such information can be viewed online and collected by third parties. We are not responsible for the use of information by such third parties. We strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal information that can be used to identify you (such as your name, age, address, name of employer).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
By voluntarily providing your personal information on the site, you are agreeing to the terms and uses outlined in this privacy notice.
If you have questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information below.
Compliance Lead, Lamèsè Ghana, P.O.Box CE 12241, Tema, Ghana.
The Director, Lamèsè Ltd, 54 St James Street, Liverpool, L1 0AB, UK